Shizenkan University has established a new “Social Innovators Scholarship” program (hereinafter referred to as the “the scholarship”).
The scholarship is intended to support the development of the next generation of leaders and practitioners at NPOs and public organizations who are working toward solving social issues and creating social innovations.
2. Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants who have been admitted to the Master of Business Administration program at the Graduate School of Leadership and Innovation, Shizenkan University and do not receive full tuition sponsorship from a company or organization to which they belong (both English and Japanese classes are eligible).
- Applicants must belong to a non-profit organization (NPO) or public organization (regardless of the number of years worked for such an organization).
- Applicants who understand and strongly sympathize with the educational policy of Shizenkan University, have high motivation to grow as whole-person management leaders,and show commitment to studying and contributing to the classes and their fellow classmates.
3. Scholarship Program Overview
Scholarship applicants and the specific scholarship amount will be awarded based on a comprehensive assessment of the applicant’s expectations as a whole-person leader, the applicant’s financial status and profile, experience, qualifications, as well as the overall composition of the incoming class.
- Scholarship Coverage: In principle, the amount ranges from JPY2,400,000 to JPY4,800,000 for 2 years. The enrollment fee (JPY 200,000) must be paid by each applicant.
- Number of Places: Approximately 2
- Payment Method: Tuition fee will be reduced or waived.One-fourth of the scholarship amount will be applied to the tuition dues for the beginning of the first and second semesters of each academic year.
- Scholarship Payment Period: In principle, 2 years from August 2024.
- Application Deadline
- 1st Deadline: February 29th, 2024
- 2nd Deadline: May 10th, 2024
*The number of submissions is limited. Early application is highly recommended as recipients will be selected in order of submission date.
4. Scholarship Application Documents
Please electronically submit the following documents to the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Application Form and Commitment Form (Form 1)
- Statement of Financial Position (Form 2)
- Please describe your financial status when applying for the scholarship.
- Certificates that affirms Applicant’s Economic Condition
Certificates are to be submitted by applicants who have financial difficulties in self-funding upon request of the University.
- Salary Earners: A copy of a tax withholding statement from one year prior to application.
- Non-salaried workers (self-employed etc.): A copy of an income tax return form or resident’s tax return form from one year prior to application.
Application documents Form A, Form B, and CV will be considered in addition to the scholarship application documents listed above.
[Email Address for Submission]
Shizenkan University, Graduate School of Leadership and Innovation, Scholarship Program
*Please check all forms mentioned in the guidelines are fully completed before submission.
*Please note that submitted forms will not be returned.
5. Selection Process
Scholarship recipients and the scholarship amount will be determined by the Shizenkan Scholarship Committee based on the results of the scholarship application documents screening as well as the admissions screening process.
6. Results Announcement
The Admissions Office will inform applicants by email.
7. Suspension of Scholarship
The scholarship may be suspended when a student is unable to continue his/her studies for an extended period due to absence from Shizenkan University .
8. Reinstatement of Scholarship
A student whose scholarship was suspended for reasons described in article 7 “Suspension of Scholarship” may request the scholarship be reinstated at Shizenkan University’s discretion when the reason(s) for suspension has been resolved.
9. Scholarship Continuation Review
Shizenkan University expects scholarship recipients to make a full commitment to their studies at Shizenkan University. Therefore, at the end of each semester, the scholarship recipient’s academic achievements and academic attitude will be reviewed to determine ongoing eligibility for the subsequent semester. Scholarship recipients whose grade point average (GPA*) is below 2.00, will be subject to interviews and guidance. If the scholarship recipient’s academic performance is extremely poor and/or – has – issues with their academic attitude, with little prospect for improvement, future scholarship payments may be reduced or rescinded.
*GPA is the weighted average of grades a student receives from the courses graded on the S/A/B/C/F/I scale. S, A, B, C, and F correspond to 4, 3, 2, 1, and 0 scores, respectively, where I is not considered for GPA calculation. In order to take into account the performance of all courses that a student took for scholarship continuation review, the P (Pass) of a course graded on a P/F/I scale is also calculated as equivalent to an A in courses graded on the S/A/B/C/F/I scale.
10. Return of Awarded Scholarship
Shizenkan University has the right to discontinue a recipient’s scholarship payment and demand a partial or full repayment in the following cases:
- The student withdrew, or was suspended or expelled from Shizenkan University according to the university’s rules and regulations.
- The student’s application and other related documents submitted for the scholarship were found to contain false information.
- For any other reason Shizenkan University deems it inappropriate to provide the scholarship to the student.
In addition to the scholarship, Shizenkan University offers a variety of other scholarships. Please refer to this page for more information.
Shizenkan University Scholarship Program.
Tel： 03-6281-9011（日本語）/ 03-6281-9012 (English)